Migrations of VAT-registered enterprises
In 2018, 1,637 Brussels enterprises have moved to Flanders. This is the most significant migratory flow: it is higher by 410 units than the number of migrations of enterprises located in Flanders moving to Brussels (1,227).
Migratory flows between Brussels and Wallonia are less significant, but also to the disadvantage of Brussels. 889 Walloon enterprises have moved to Brussels, while 1,141 enterprises left Brussels to settle in Wallonia.
Do you need open data?
Check out our open data files
Key figures 2017
A sample of our statistics
Make your own table
Statbel's electronic database
The consumer price index in one click
Chiffres en image
Key figures 2019
The publication presents the main data and evolutions in the Belgian society and economy. With some 110 statistics per year, Statbel is one the largest data producers in Belgium.
A number of results from the Key Figures:
- on 1st January 2019, Belgium had 11,431,406 inhabitants;
- in various coastal municipalities, more than 30 % of the inhabitants are 65 or over;
- the life expectancy of Belgian women is 83.7 years. That of men is 79.2 years;
- the Belgian territory consists of 30,668 km² of land and 3,454 km² of the North Sea;
- consumer prices increased by just over 2 % in 2018;
- the median price of an apartment was 182,000 euros, that of a detached house 285,000 euros;
- there were 38,455 road accidents in 2018, with a total of 49,354 casualties, including 604 fatalities;
- 69.7 % of people aged 20 to 64 were employed in 2018. More than a quarter (26.8 %) of employees work part-time;
- 16.4 % of the Belgian population lives below the poverty line.