Output prices in the services sector: 3rd quarter 2021
In the third quarter of 2021, output prices in the services sector increased compared to the same quarter of the previous year (+2.2%).
The sectors with the largest upward effect on this increase are :
- Nace 5020 - Sea and coastal freight water transport
- Nace 4941 - Freight transport by road
- Nace 6200 - Computer programming, consultancy and related activities
The sectors with the largest downward effect on inflation are :
- Nace 6100 - Telecommunications
- Nace 5110 - Passenger air transport
- Nace 7300 - Advertising and market research
|1st quarter||2th quarter||3th quarter||4th quarter||Year|
|Services - Total*|
Purpose and brief description
As the sector of services is steadily gaining importance compared to the sector of industry, an output price index for services was added to the European Regulation concerning short-term statistics. This new index will be calculated on a quarterly basis by Statbel.
The output price index for services is currently measuring the change in prices with services companies from such branches as transport, information services and telecommunication. The field will be extended progressively, eventually to cover almost the full economic range of the services sector
Results available 3 months after the reference period