March 2021 : Output price index +1.5%
In March 2021. compared to the previous month. the producer price index of industry excluding construction has increased by 1.5%. A split of this figure in energy and the rest shows a rise of 1.0% for energy and a rise of 1.6% for total industry except energy. A further breakdown of total industry except energy obtains +2.6% for intermediate goods. except energy. +0.4% for capital goods. +0.9% for durable consumer goods and +1.0% for non-durable consumer goods.
When the general producer price index is subdivided according to destination. a rise of 1.4% on the domestic market and a rise of 1.6% on the non-domestic markets can be observed.
Compared to March of the previous year. the producer price index of total industry excluding construction has increased by 8.0%. For the domestic market it rose by 9.3%. for the non-domestic markets there was a rise of 6.0%.
|Gross Indices (2010=100)
Total industry excluding construction
Price movements of marketed production
Purpose and brief description
The producer price indices are short-term indicators that show monthly price changes in the economical activities sector. They can be an indicator of inflationary pressure in economy but also allow measuring the evolution of prices over longer periods. The global producer price index is divided into producer price indices on internal and external markets.
Belgian local units exercising their principal economic activity in sections NACE C to E
Results available 1 month after the reference period
Destination market : Total / Domestic / Non-domestic / Eurozone / Non-Eurozone
Producer Price Indices : The producer price indices are short-term indicators that show monthly price changes in the economical activities sector. They can be an indicator of inflationary pressure in economy but also allow measuring the evolution of prices over longer periods. The global producer price index is divided into producer price indices on internal and external markets and the prices of export to countries of the Eurozone and other countries.