Statbel, the Belgian statistical office, publishes new results of the fiscal statistics on income of tax year 2017. In 2016 the net taxable income of the Belgians amounted on average to € 17,824.
- The Flemish Region remains the region with the highest income: 19,102 euros.
- Brussels remains the region with the lowest average income: 13,980 euros.
- The average income in the Walloon Region amounts to 16,787 euros.
- In 2016, Flemish Brabant was still the province with the highest average income per capita (20.939 euros), followed by Walloon Brabant (20.485 euros) and East Flanders (19.364 euros);
- At local level, Sint-Martens-Latem is again the leading municipality in terms of average income per capita: 28,348 euros. It is 59% above the Belgian average;
- The lowest average income can be found in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, where the income per capita is 8,835 euros, or less than 50% below the national average.