One Belgian enterprise out of five analyses big data
E-commerce, cloud computing, big data and 3D-printing
- Almost all enterprises have access to the Internet via a fixed or mobile broadband connection.
- The number of enterprises receiving online orders has increased compared to the previous year.
- The share of online orders of individuals in the turnover slightly increases from 2.3 % in 2017 to 3.2 % in 2018.
- Three enterprises out of ten pay to advertise on the Internet.
- Four enterprises out of ten purchase cloud computing services.
- One enterprise out of five has analysed big data.
- Six enterprises out of 100 used 3D-printing.
 Enterprises with at least 10 employees.
 Survey organised at the European level based on the Regulation (EC) No 808/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 April 2004 and on the Regulation (EC) No 1006/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 September 2009.
 Cloud computing refers to IT services that are used on the Internet to access software, computing power or storage capacity.
 Big data are generated from activities that are carried out electronically and from machine-to-machine communications. Big data analysis refers to the use of techniques, technologies and software tools for analysing big data.
Computer equipment of enterprises by region, most recent year
Survey on ICT usage in enterprises
Purpose and brief description
The purpose of the data collection on the use of information and communication technologies in enterprises in our country is to gain a better insight into the IT infrastructure of these enterprises and to be able to compare these statistical data at European level.
Enterprises belonging to sections B to N and P to S of the NACE rev.2.
Size of the sample
Around 7,500 enterprises
Broadband connection : fixed or mobile broadband connection to the Internet
Internet connection via DSL : Internet connection via ADSL
Employee computerised firm : Number of employees working in enterprises using computers
Employee per connected firm : Number of employees working in an enterprise with an Internet connection
Has a website : Has a website or a webportal
Has Internet access : Has Internet access Mobile connection: Mobile connection to the Internet (broadband or other).