Work & training
New results of the Labour Force Survey in Belgium
Statbel, the Belgian statistical office, publishes today the results of the Labour Force Survey for 2018. The main results are the following:
- 2018 was a very good year for the Belgian labour market: the main labour market indicators show positive trends.
- 69.7 % of people aged 20 to 64 are employed.
- Especially the employment rate of women has sharply increased, reducing the gap with that of men.
- The unemployment rate among people aged 15 to 64 stood at 6 %.
- The unemployment rate for women is 0.7 percentage point lower than that of men.
- For the first time, more than half of the people aged 55 to 64 are employed.
- The gap between the employment rate of Belgians and non-EU citizens amounts to 27.5 percentage points.