Prizes of the European Statistics Competition in Belgium: two teams from Namur, one European school, one team from East Flanders and one from Antwerp.
During this school year, Statbel, the Belgian statistical office, organised the European Statistics Competition for the first time in Belgium, in collaboration with Statistiek Vlaanderen and Iweps. Prizes have been awarded today, Friday 15th March 2019.
These are winners:
SECOND DEGREE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION – FRENCH-SPEAKING
- SLTeam, Institut Saint-Louis de Namur
- ARCP4G, Athénée Royal Fernand Jacquemin, Comines
- Frater2D, Collège La fraternité, Bruxelles
SECOND DEGREE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION – DUTCH-SPEAKING
- Ansofi, Emmaüs Secundaire school OP-WEG Aalter
- TEAMSNOR, Sint-Norbertusinstituut, Duffel
THIRD DEGREE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION – FRENCH-SPEAKING
- SSM-6M8-1, Communauté Scolaire Sainte-Marie Namur
- TRANSALPIT, Ecole Européenne de Bruxelles IV
- BASORTENT, Ecole Européenne de Bruxelles IV
THIRD DEGREE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION – DUTCH-SPEAKING
- TEAMJAK, Maris Stella Instituut, Malle
- Tractor, Sint-Jozef Humaniora, Brugge
- TEAMMRJ, Maris Stella Instituut, Malle
- TEAMMEM, Maris Stella Instituut, Malle
- Ecompas, Innovatief Secundair onderwijs Het Kompas Sint-Truiden
THIRD DEGREE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION – GERMAN-SPEAKING
- OffCharts, Europäische Schule Brüssel IV
After this national phase, all teams from the top 3 will participate to the preliminary round of the European phase. They will have to make a video about a specific theme. Four videos will be selected by a national jury to participate in the European finale. In June 2019, Eurostat, the European statistical office, will announce which two teams from the 15 participating countries made the best statistical video.
For more information: Wendy Schelfaut, spokeswoman Statbel: 0499 18 43 43
You can find the pictures of the award ceremony on the Facebook page of the European Statistics Competition in Belgium.