Statbel, the Belgian statistical office, publishes today the house prices in Belgium for the first quarter of 2022.
The main results are the following:
- The Belgian median price for an attached or semi-detached house amounted to 255,000 euros. A buyer had to pay 360,000 euros for a detached house.
- The Walloon Region is the cheapest with a median price of 169,000 euros for an attached or semi-detached house, and 285,000 euros for a detached house.
- It is followed by the Flemish Region. Attached and semi-detached houses cost there 280,000 euros, and detached houses cost 395,000 euros.
- The Brussels-Capital Region is the most expensive region for all types of dwellings. Attached and semi-detached houses cost there 495,000 euros. The price for a detached house amounted to 1,225,000 euros.
- Flemish Brabant and Walloon Brabant are the most expensive provinces. The cheapest Flemish province is Limburg, the cheapest Walloon province is Hainaut.
- Sint-Martens-Latem is the most expensive municipality, Hastière the cheapest.