Harmonised index of consumer prices - November 2016
- Belgium's inflation rate based on the European harmonised index of consumer prices was running at 1.7% in November compared to 1.9% in October.
- Core inflation (inflation without energy and unprocessed food) slowed to 1.6% in November from 1.8% in October.
- The sub-indices with the largest upward effect on inflation were electricity, telecommunication, tobacco, restaurants, cafés and similar services, and wine.
- Most of the downward pressure on inflation in November came from gas, domestic heating oil, clothing and package holidays.
- The harmonised index of consumer prices for the EU member states of November will be published by Eurostat on 16 December.
Press release type:Statistics - Economy , Statistics press releases