Harmonised index of consumer prices - February 2017
- Belgium's inflation rate based on the European harmonised index of consumer prices was running at 3.3% in February compared to 3.1% in January.
- Core inflation (inflation without energy and unprocessed food) was running at 1.5% in February, unchanged from January.
- The sub-indices with the largest upward effect on inflation were domestic heating oil, motor fuels, electricity and vegetables.
- The sub-indices with the largest downward effect on inflation were housing rent, meat, clothing, package holidays, milk, cheese and eggs as well as wine and purchase of passenger vehicles.
- The harmonised index of consumer prices of February for the EU Member States will be published by Eurostat on 16 March.
Press release type:Statistics - Economy , Statistics press releases