Bankruptcy statistics in Belgium: January 2017
January 2017: 806 bankruptcies
- In January 2017, 806 businesses in Belgium went bankrupt.
- The bankruptcies resulted in a loss of 1,308 jobs: 688 full-time employees, 324 part-time employees and 296 salaried employers lost their jobs.
- The number of bankruptcies in the last six months amounts to 4,715, a rise of 7.4% compared to the same period last year.
- In the last six months, compared to the same period last year, the number of failed businesses in the industry sector dropped by 13.4% In construction this number rose by 3.1%; whereas in commerce there was a rise by 3.4%. The hotel and catering industry rose by 13.1%. The number of bankruptcies in transportation and other services rose by 14.3%.
- At regional level and in the same period there was rise by 5.3% in Flemish Region, a decrease of 5.5% in the Walloon Region and a rise of 33.1% in the Brussels-Capital Region.
Press release type:Statistics - Economy , Statistics press releases