Bankruptcy statistics in Belgium: December 2016
December 2016: 687 bankruptcies
- In December 2016, 687 businesses in Belgium went bankrupt.
- The bankruptcies resulted in a loss of 1,649 jobs: 955 full-time employees, 416 part-time employees and 278 salaried employers lost their jobs.
- The number of bankruptcies in the last six months amounts to 4,372, a rise of 3.9% compared to the same period last year.
- In the last six months, compared to the same period last year, the number of failed businesses in the industry sector dropped by 11.7% In construction this number rose by 0.5%; whereas in commerce there was a rise by 1.3%. The hotel and catering industry rose by 11.7%. The number of bankruptcies in transportation and other services rose by 6.9%.
- At regional level and in the same period there was rise by 3.9% in Flemish Region, a decrease of 6.5% in the Walloon Region and a rise of 18.5% in the Brussels-Capital Region.
Press release type:Statistics - Economy , Statistics press releases