Bankruptcy statistics in Belgium: November 2016
November 2016: 797 bankruptcies
- In november 2016, 797 businesses in Belgium went bankrupt.
- The bankruptcies resulted in a loss of 1,665 jobs: 756 full-time employees, 575 part-time employees and 334 salaried employers lost their jobs.
- The number of bankruptcies in the last six months amounts to 4,591, a rise of 2.1% compared to the same period last year.
- In the last six months, compared to the same period last year, the number of failed businesses in the industry sector dropped by 11.6% In construction this number dropped by 3.5%; whereas in commerce there was a rise by 1.8%. The hotel and catering industry rose by 12.2%. The number of bankruptcies in transportation and other services rose by 2.9%.
- At regional level and in the same period there was rise by 7.4% in Flemish Region, a decrease of 11.2% in the Walloon Region and a rise of 8.5% in the Brussels-Capital Region.
Press release type:Statistics - Economy , Statistics press releases