Consumer Price Index: 23 12 16
- Inflation has increased from 1.77% to 2.03% in December.
- The consumer price index this month has increased by 0.13 points or 0.13%.
- Inflation based on the health index has increased to 1.78%, up from 1.65%.
- Inflation of energy increases this month from 2.24% to 5.49% and explains the increase in the general inflation.
The most significant price increases in December have been registered for motor fuels, fresh vegetables, travels abroad and city trips, electricity, natural gas, domestic heating oil and airplane tickets. The products with the largest downward pressure were holiday villages, alcoholic beverages and fresh fruit.
Annual update of the consumer price index in 2016
- Update of the consumer price index in 2016 based on a unanimous opinion of the Index Commission, approved by the Minister of Economy.
- Increase in the use of supermarket scanner data in the index calculation: from 9 product groups in 2015 to 70 product groups in 2016.
- The index basket has been adjusted. A number of less frequent products have been removed from the basket and a number of new products have been added. From 2016 onward, the basket will consist of 656 representative items, compared to 623 in 2015.
- All of the weights in the index basket have been updated based on the most recent household budget survey (2014) in order to reflect the current pattern of consumer expenditure.
Press release type:Conjoncture , Consumerprices , Statistics press releases